1 medium head cauliflower cut into small florets
*1 C grated sharp provolone cheese
... curry powder
3 eggs, separated
1 C milk
2 tbs butter
1. cook cauliflower in boiling water until tender, ~10-20 minutes. drain and cool, then mash in a blender or with potato masher.
2. in medium saucepan, melt butter. add flour and whisk over medium heat about 1 minute.
3. add milk and bring to a boil, whisking until sauce thickens, ~2-3 minutes after it's started boiling. add cheese and curry powder and remove from heat.
4. let cool slightly, then add egg yolks one at a time, beating until mixed. add to cauliflower mash.
5. in a large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. this takes forever and can really hurt your shoulder if you don't have an electric mixer. however, "Could you beat my egg whites for me?" is a pick-up line every woman should use. Awkward Double Entendre of the day!
6. fold egg whites into cauliflower mixture.
7. bake in large casserole dish at 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
I'll edit with exact amounts once I can find the damn cookbook.