1 lb carrots, sliced
*1 deep dish, 9" wide frozen pie crust, thawed (or make your own crust and put it in the pie dish)
1 C walnut pieces
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbs butter, melted
**... garlic salt
... curry powder
... black pepper, ground
... half and half
1. cook carrots, pepper, garlic (not garlic salt) with 1/4 C water in saucepan on medium heat, covered, until carrots are tender (10-20 minutes).
2. in blender, puree carrot mixture, adding eggs 1 at a time until smooth.
3. transfer to mixing bowl, and whisk in half-and-half, flour, and curry powder.
4. in another, small bowl, mix garlic salt, butter, and walnut pieces.
5. line bottom of pie crust with walnuts, pressing firmly into the dough.
6. add carrot puree, and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
* lacking a deep dish pie crust? use two regular ones to avoid overflowing the carrots.
** actual numbers pending